10 Powerful and Life Changing Lessons
From My First 10 Years In Business
After my first 10 years of being a solopreneur, here are my top 10 lessons learned in business. Oh how very powerful and life changing these lessons have been.
My own experiences have taught me a ton about myself, life, and business. I have learned from clients and through their experiences. The knowledge I’ve gained from other coaches and other business owners has been invaluable.
The other important thing I've learned is that the transformations you go through during the growth of your business can make you almost unrecognizable--at least from the inside out.
My top 10 lessons learned in business
1. Go against the grain. It’ll be okay.
2. Your business name does not need to say what you do.
3. Your spouse is doing the best they know how to support you. Give them a break.
4. You can’t build a personal and life changing brand without YOU.
5. DIY is not a bad option, even if others try to lead you to believe it is.
6. TRUST YOURSELF. This is important because you know more than you believe you do.
7. You’re going to learn things in the wrong order, which may feel life changing (and that's okay).
- It doesn't help to put an email newsletter campaign together before anyone even knows about you.
- It is a waste of time and money to put together an email marketing campaign before you fully step into your area of expertise and see yourself as a leader.
8. Your business is a living organism and is meant to change. Let your business evolve.
9. In order for you to achieve success, boundaries must be set.
- Have contracts.
- Managing client behavior is about saving relationships. And it's also an important self accountability system for us as business owners.
10. Always remember that just because you can do something for someone doesn’t mean you should.
Knowing and embracing that your business will ebb and flow as you continue to grow it is empowering. You don't need all the answers right now. Be open to the lessons you'll learn in business.
Hello! & Welcome
I'm Coach Erin. I help new and emerging business owners
↣ organize ideas
↣ design authentic brands
↣ systematize business
↣ create and implement strategies
↣ improve productivity
If you want to start, grow and manage your online service business with more confidence, consistency, and control, let's meet.
More From The Blog
Title: Choosing The Perfect One As A New Business Owner?
Stay in the loop – Don’t miss what’s coming next!→ Title: Choosing The Perfect One As A New Business Owner? Business Owner is your title. Stepping out of Corporate America and into the world of business ownership? Trying to find the perfect title for what you want to pursue? Wait! One of the first shifts…
Self Growth In Business, The Hidden Journey
Stay in the loop – Don’t miss what’s coming next!→ Self Growth In Business, The Hidden Journey Most individuals don’t realize the powerful self growth in business ownership. Yet, owning your own business and being your own boss is the most powerful personal development journey available. When I started my own business in 2006, I…
How To Use The Law of Attraction for Business
Stay in the loop – Don’t miss what’s coming next!→ How To Use The Law Of Attraction For Business Many do not realize how powerful the law of attraction for business can be. And as a business owner, they can aid you in drawing in the success you want, the clients you desire, and the…
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Erin Garcia, Business Coach
Coach Erin has been guiding new business owners through the process of starting, growing, and managing a service business since 2003. Between coaching, brand design, and website development you might catch her strolling the beaches of Western Washington, visiting family in Arizona, or enjoying a glass of iced tea creekside on her back patio.