Four Simple Ways To Make Your Passion A Profitable Business
Are you interested in turning your passion into a profitable business and a value to others? Because if you are, the following steps will help you identify and draft business goals that are both realistic and attainable!
Step 1: List and review
List all of your passions, skills, talents, knowledge, and experience – include any hobbies, too.
- EDUCATION: degrees, certifications, trainings attended, etc. and how they are relevant
- LIFE EXPERIENCE: parenting, living on a budget, traveling, etc. and how they overlap
- CAREER/WORK EXPERIENCE: where have you worked and how does it relate to your passion?
- SKILLS: organizing, selling, project planning, writing, card making, etc. and how these make your creditable
Step 2: Decide what you want to use to generate a profitable business
- You may not want to use all of your passions to become a profitable business.
- Pick the ones you LOVE and start with those.
- There are going to be some skills and experiences that just fit more naturally with others and some that just don't really go together.
- After you've completed the first three points, be sure to check-in with yourself. This means asking: "Is this something I would enjoy talking about and/or doing on a daily basis?” or “Is this something that I would get out of bed in the morning to do?"
Step 3: Identify your "who" that will benefit from your business goals
You've got a good list going of how you want to generate income for your business. It's time to see WHO would find value in what you're passionate about and what would your skills and experience improve for them. Let's start with a broad category and an example on how to narrow it down a bit.
- BROAD: Women
- NARROW: New moms, Entrepreneurial moms, Stay-at-home moms
Step 4: Identify your "how" of making your profitable business a reality
You now know the What and the Who, which means it's time to decide the How. How will you offer these services?
Will you be offering them:
- in groups?
Step 5: Identify your "where" to make your business grow
- Where will you find your clients?
- What social media platforms do your potential clients use to find services like yours?
- Will you attend in-person network events?
Are you looking to turn your passions into a profitable business? Would having someone to teach you and hold you accountable to taking action help? If so, I've been helping others build their own businesses since 2006 and I'm ready to help you too.
Hello! & Welcome
I'm Coach Erin. I help new and emerging business owners
↣ organize ideas
↣ design authentic brands
↣ systematize business
↣ create and implement strategies
↣ improve productivity
If you want to start, grow and manage your online service business with more confidence, consistency, and control, let's meet.
More From The Blog
Easy Affirmations To Boost Your Confidence: For New Business Owners
Stay in the loop – Don’t miss what’s coming next!→ Easy Affirmations To Boost Your Confidence: For New Business Owners Looking for a easy and simple way to boost your confidence as you start your new business? Truth is, there is no new business owner who couldn’t use a boost to their confidence. Reality check…
Journey To Coaching: A Path From Stressed To Successful
My journey to coaching went like this: I didn’t even know what a coach was or how business coaching worked. I did, however, have a “wake up call” as many would say, that in a way guided me to the idea of coaching. A wake up call that led me to a profession that has come to feel custom made for me.
The catalyst toward me becoming a business coach was an MRI.
A Strong Business Vision Makes Success Easier to Achieve
Stay in the loop – Don’t miss what’s coming next!→ A Strong Business Vision Makes Success Easier To Achieve Having a strong business vision is essential. It helps guide us and allows us to really target our business and its message to the right audience. It’s something we can build on and grow into. But…
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Erin Garcia, Business Coach
Coach Erin has been guiding new business owners through the process of starting, growing, and managing a service business since 2003. Between coaching, brand design, and website development you might catch her strolling the beaches of Western Washington, visiting family in Arizona, or enjoying a glass of iced tea creekside on her back patio.