Four Simple Ways To Make Your Passion A Profitable Business
Are you interested in turning your passion into a profitable business and a value to others? Because if you are, the following steps will help you identify and draft business goals that are both realistic and attainable!
Step 1: List and review
List all of your passions, skills, talents, knowledge, and experience – include any hobbies, too.
- EDUCATION: degrees, certifications, trainings attended, etc. and how they are relevant
- LIFE EXPERIENCE: parenting, living on a budget, traveling, etc. and how they overlap
- CAREER/WORK EXPERIENCE: where have you worked and how does it relate to your passion?
- SKILLS: organizing, selling, project planning, writing, card making, etc. and how these make your creditable
Step 2: Decide what you want to use to generate a profitable business
- You may not want to use all of your passions to become a profitable business.
- Pick the ones you LOVE and start with those.
- There are going to be some skills and experiences that just fit more naturally with others and some that just don't really go together.
- After you've completed the first three points, be sure to check-in with yourself. This means asking: "Is this something I would enjoy talking about and/or doing on a daily basis?” or “Is this something that I would get out of bed in the morning to do?"
Step 3: Identify your "who" that will benefit from your business goals
You've got a good list going of how you want to generate income for your business. It's time to see WHO would find value in what you're passionate about and what would your skills and experience improve for them. Let's start with a broad category and an example on how to narrow it down a bit.
- BROAD: Women
- NARROW: New moms, Entrepreneurial moms, Stay-at-home moms
Step 4: Identify your "how" of making your profitable business a reality
You now know the What and the Who, which means it's time to decide the How. How will you offer these services?
Will you be offering them:
- in groups?
Step 5: Identify your "where" to make your business grow
- Where will you find your clients?
- What social media platforms do your potential clients use to find services like yours?
- Will you attend in-person network events?
Are you looking to turn your passions into a profitable business? Would having someone to teach you and hold you accountable to taking action help? If so, I've been helping others build their own businesses since 2006 and I'm ready to help you too.
Hello! & Welcome
I'm Coach Erin. I help new and emerging business owners
↣ organize ideas
↣ design authentic brands
↣ systematize business
↣ create and implement strategies
↣ improve productivity
If you want to start, grow and manage your online service business with more confidence, consistency, and control, let's meet.
More From The Blog
Title: Choosing The Perfect One As A New Business Owner?
Stay in the loop – Don’t miss what’s coming next!→ Title: Choosing The Perfect One As A New Business Owner? Business Owner is your title. Stepping out of Corporate America and into the world of business ownership? Trying to find the perfect title for what you want to pursue? Wait! One of the first shifts…
Self Growth In Business, The Hidden Journey
Stay in the loop – Don’t miss what’s coming next!→ Self Growth In Business, The Hidden Journey Most individuals don’t realize the powerful self growth in business ownership. Yet, owning your own business and being your own boss is the most powerful personal development journey available. When I started my own business in 2006, I…
How To Use The Law of Attraction for Business
Stay in the loop – Don’t miss what’s coming next!→ How To Use The Law Of Attraction For Business Many do not realize how powerful the law of attraction for business can be. And as a business owner, they can aid you in drawing in the success you want, the clients you desire, and the…
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Erin Garcia, Business Coach
Coach Erin has been guiding new business owners through the process of starting, growing, and managing a service business since 2003. Between coaching, brand design, and website development you might catch her strolling the beaches of Western Washington, visiting family in Arizona, or enjoying a glass of iced tea creekside on her back patio.